1. The Third ASEAN and ROK Transport Ministers (ATM+ROK) Meeting was held on 16December2011 in Phnom Penh. The Meeting was co-chaired by H.E. Mr. Tram IvTek, Minister of Public Works and Transport of Cambodiaand H.E.Dr.Hyung Koo Yeo,Deputy Minister for Transport Policy, Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs of the Republic of Korea.
2. The Ministers were encouraged with the outcome of the 14th ASEAN-ROK Summit held on 18 November 2011 in Bali and welcomed the commitment of ROK to support the implementation of the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity. The Ministers noted that the ASEAN Leaders invited the ROK to participate in the implementation of 15 projects of the Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity, as well as other projects related to 84 key actions.
3. The Ministers were pleased with the steady progress made in the implementation of the ASEAN-ROK Transport Cooperation Roadmap and its 27 joint projects for the period 2010-2015. The Ministers appreciated that the projects under the Roadmap have been catered to the specific needs of ASEAN Member States and provided strong support to capacity building and transport infrastructure feasibility studies. The Ministers requested their senior officials to also align the priorities of ASEAN-ROKtransport projects with the strategic goals and priorities of ASEAN Transport Cooperation as specified in the AEC Blueprint, Brunei Action Plan (BAP)/ASEAN Strategic Transport Plan 2011-2015, and Master Plan on ASEAN Connectivity.
4. The Ministers tasked their senior officials to make expeditious efforts for the discussion on air services agreement,to convene a Working Group meeting after receiving the draft Agreement from ROK and to report progress at the Fourth ATM+ROK Meeting.
5. The Ministers welcomed successful conclusion of the 2nd ASEAN-ROK Transport Cooperation Forum held on 11-12 August 2011 in Seoul, ROK. The Ministers supported the following projects to be implemented in 2012: (a) Human Resource Development and Education: related to port marketing, port management and port development and port business; (b) Institutional and Technical Assistance: related to studying regional integration of Intelligent Transport System (ITS) and reviewing best practices in the application of ITS in the field of traffic safety, commercial vehicles management, regulations, and standards; and (c) Institutional and Technical Assistance: Training Programmes in Aviation through the ROK-ICAO fellowship training programme, and possibly Training of Performance Based Navigation (PBN) inspectors and purchasing of related equipment and software (e.g. RAIM, GIS, RNAV).
6. The FourthATM+ROK Meeting will be held in Indonesia in 2012.
LIST OF MINISTERS
(a) H.E. PehinDato Abdullah Bakar, Minister of Communications of Brunei Darussalam;
(b) H.E. Mr. Tram Iv Tek, Minister of Public Works and Transport of Cambodia;
(c) H.E. Mr. E.E. Mangindaan, Minister for Transportation of Indonesia;
(d) H.E. Mr.SommadPholsena, Minister of Public Works and Transport of Lao PDR;
(e) H.E. Dato’ Seri Kong Cho Ha, Minister of Transport of Malaysia;
(f) H.E. U NyanHtunAung, Union Minister for Transport of Myanmar;
(g) H.E. Mr.Efren C. Moncupa, Undersecretary for Project Implementation and Special Concerns, Department of Transportation and Communications of the Philippines;
(h) H.E. Dr.Hyung Koo Yeo, Deputy Minister for Transport Policy, Ministry of Land, Transport, and Maritime Affairs of the Republic of Korea;
(i) H.E. Mr.Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport of Singapore;
(j) H.E. Pol.Lt.Gen. ChattKuldiloke, Deputy Minister of Transport of Thailand; and
(k) H.E. Mr.Dinh La Thang, Minister of Transport of Viet Nam.
(l) Dr.SomsakPipoppinyo, Director, Finance, Industry and Infrastructure Directorate, representing H.E. Dr.SurinPitsuwan, Secretary-General of ASEAN.