1. The Third Cambodia-Lao PDR-Myanmar-Viet Nam (CLMV) Economic Ministers’ Meeting (EMM) was held in Manado, Indonesia on 14 August 2011. The Meeting was chaired by H.E. Cham Prasidh, Senior Minister, Minister of Commerce of the Kingdom of Cambodia, and attended by Mr. Bounsom Phommavihane, the SEOM of Lao PDR representing H.E. Nam Viyaketh, Minister of Industry and Commerce, Lao PDR; H.E. U Tin Naing Thein, Union Minister for National Planning and Economic Development of Republic of the Union of Myanmar; H.E. Nguyen Cam Tu, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam; and H.E. Pushpanathan Sundram, Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN for ASEAN Economic Community.
2. The Ministers recalled the outcomes of the Second CLMV Economic Ministers’ Meeting to further enhance intra-economic and trade relations within CLMV Countries, closer coordinating activities in the sub-regional, regional and international fora, fully utilizing their potentials to narrow the development gap between the four countries and other countries in the region as well as accelerating the implementation of agreements reached at the CLMV Summits.
3. The Ministers were satisfied with the progress of the CLMV Action Plan 2011 and urged all relevant agencies to expeditiously implement the remaining activities under the Action Plan 2011. The Ministers shared the view that the participation of ASEAN, ASEAN Dialogue Partners, Development Partners and international donors in the activities is required to successfully implement the CLMV Action Plans in 2011 and the following years.
4. The Ministers deliberated on the formulation of the CLMV Action Plan 2012 and related issues. The Action Plan 2012 listed twelve priority activities focusing on Economic-Trade, Human Resource Development and Coordination Mechanism.
5. The Ministers also discussed and agreed to the mechanism to report the outcomes of the CLMV Economic Ministers’ Meetings to the CLMV Summit to improve delivery and effectiveness of the projects/ activities and to take full advantage of IAI resources, particularly for the Sectoral Work Programme and the agreed Action Plans.
6. The Ministers from Cambodia, Myanmar and Viet Nam, and the SEOM of Lao PDR, representing H.E. Nam Viyaketh, Minister of Industry and Commerce of Lao PDR, expressed deep appreciation to the Government and people of the Republic of Indonesia for their excellent arrangements and warm hospitality and the helpful support from the ASEAN Secretariat.
List of Ministers and Heads of Delegation
1. H.E. Cham Prasidh, Senior Minister and Minister of Commerce of Cambodia
2. Mr. Bounsom Phommavihane, Director General of Foreign Trade Policy Department, Laos SEOM Leader, Ministry of Industry and Commerce of Lao PDR (representing H.E. Nam Viyaketh, Minister of Industry and Commerce, Lao PDR)
3. H.E. U Tin Naing Thein, Union Minister for National Planning and Economic Development of Republic of the Union of Myanmar
4. H.E. Nguyen Cam Tu, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam
5. H.E. Pushpanathan Sundram, Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN for ASEAN Economic Community