- The Ninth ASEAN and ROK Transport Ministers (9th ATM+ROK) Meeting was held on 9 November 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand. The Meeting was co-chaired by H.E. Mr. Arkhom Termpittayapaisith, Minister of Transport of Thailand and H.E. Mr. Kim Jeong Ryeol, Vice Minister for Transport, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport of the Republic of Korea. The Meeting was preceded by the Tenth ASEAN and ROK Senior Transport Officials Meeting (10th STOM+ROK) held on 7 November 2018.
- The Ministers were pleased with the steady progress made in the implementation of the ASEAN-ROK Transport Cooperation Roadmap and its 20 joint projects for the period 2018-2020 as well as the completion of the following Projects in 2018:
- Feasibility Study for developing railway projects on Vung Ang – Tan Ap – Mu Gia (Viet Nam) connecting toDetail Feasibility Study for Upgrading National Road No. 8 on the ASEAN Highway (AH15) Network in Lao PDR;
- Detail Feasibility Study for Upgrading National Road No. 8 on the ASEAN Highway (AH15) Network in Lao PDR;
- Improvement Plans of the Infrastructure for the Railway and Logistics through Developing the Dry Port in Myanmar; and
- Da Nang – Quang Ngai Expressway Development Project – Package CS2: Integrated Project Review and Monitoring Services(IPRMS).
Download the full statement here.